AKRON—Goodyear has added a pair of mixed-service tires under its Workhorse line to its portfolio of commercial tires.
The newest releases are the Workhorse MSA and MSD for over-the-road and on-/off-road applications. They follow by few weeks the launch of the Armor Max Pro Grade MSD tire for construction, cement, dump and coal field trucks.
According to Evan Perrow, marketing manager, the Workhorse name denotes tough and dependable, designed to help mixed-service trucks tackle tough jobs while helping to lower operating costs.
Among the Workhorse MSA's features are:
- A high-mileage tread compound and enhanced tread volume to help offer many miles to removal;
- A wide footprint to help enhance mileage, cornering and handling;
- Penetration protectors to help resist stone drilling for retreadability;
- A steel belt/casing package to offer toughness and outstanding performance; and
- A tread design that helps reduce road noise for a quiet ride.
The Workhorse MSA is available in three sizes: 11R22.5 (Load Range H); 11R24.5 (Load Range H); and 315/80R22.5 (Load Range L—10,000-pound capacity.)
The Workhorse MSD features include:
- Rugged casing construction for enhanced toughness and retreadability in heavy-duty, off-road applications;
- 31/32nd-inch tread with a rugged lug configuration to help deliver traction on difficult terrain;
- An advanced tread compound to help resist cuts and chips for off-road performance;
- A deep undertread to help promote cool-running performance while on the road; and
- A steel belt/casing package to help enhance retreadability.
The Workhorse MSD is available in 11R22.5 and 11R24.5, both Load Range H.
The Workhouse line is part of Goodyear's “Total Solution” premise designed to help fleets lower their operating costs, Perrow said.