AKRON—Denise Kennedy of DK Enterprises will serve as coordinator for the Tire Recycling Workshop, which will return for this year's International Tire Exhibition & Conference.
The workshop, to be held Sept. 13, will be co-moderated by Mary Sikora, Recycling Research, and will feature a slate of presentations. Those include an update on the U.S. Scrap Tire Markets; changes to ASTM standards (recycled rubber) that will require tighter feedstock specifications of tire-derived material to the manufacturer and compounder; discussions about the global markets related to exports and importing of tires and rubber; and new technologies in rubber pavement applications.
Industry experts who will serve as speakers for the Recycling Workshop include:
• John Sheerin, Director, end-of-life programs, Rubber Manufacturers Association, who will present “U.S. Scrap Tire Market and Industry Forecast;”
• Amy Brackin, Synthetic Turf Council board chairman and Liberty Tire Recycling business and market development manager, who will present “Myths and Facts About Recycled Rubber;”
• Bruce Bart, general manager, Cobalt Holdings, who will present “Market Creation and Innovation today and tomorrow, Part 1;”
• Nick Lincoln, strategic account manager, EB Colorbiotics for BASF, who will present “Market Creation and Innovation today and tomorrow, Part 2;”
• Denise Kennedy, who will present “ASTM D11.20.01 (Recycled Rubber) Task Group Proposed Changes to Benefit Manufacturers;”
• James Middleton, president of Middleton & Associates, who will speak on the “Scope of ASTM D24 (Carbon Black) and relevance to the Industry;”
• Kai Tan, president of International Sales & Marketing, Nam Bee Rubber, who will discuss “Global Marketing and the Challenges and Opportunities of Imports and Export”
• Aaron Murphy, vice president, Commercial Tire Sales for TBC Corp., who will present “Market Impact of Overproduction of Imported Truck Tires to the Tire Industry;”
• Gary Houston, vice president/general manager of VSS Emultech, who will review how “New Lab Techniques Result in New Crumb Rubber Applications in Asphalt Cement;” and
• Redmond Clark, president of Asphalt Plus, who will discuss how “Sustainable Rubber Asphalt Technologies Mean Success.”
The dedicated recycling program is a crucial part of the ITEC conference schedule. Learn more about it, and all the conference programs, on the ITEC website.
Discounted conference registration and hotel rooms are still available, but only for a short time. Early Bird Registration—and the chance to save $100—ends on Friday, Aug. 12. The low ITEC conference hotel rate ends Aug. 22.