FORT MILL, S.C.—Fourteen Major League Soccer players are taking their agility, speed and quick thinking to a closed-circuit autocross course as part of “What'Cha Got,” a short feature presented by Continental Tire the Americas L.L.C.
The segment, which airs on FOX and FOX Sports 1's “Sunday Soccer” lineup, gives 14 soccer players a chance to get behind the wheel of a 2016 Audi R8—fitted with the ContiSportContact 5P, an ultra-high performance sport tire—and put their skills to the test.
Seven players from the MLS Eastern Conference will face seven from the Western Conference in a battle to see which conference—and ultimately which player—has the best driving skills. Participating in this year's event are:
• Luis Robles, New York Red Bulls goalkeeper
• Chance Myers, Sporting KC defender
• Eric Wynalda, FOX soccer commentator
• Steven Birnbaum, D.C. United defender
• Ray Gaddis, Philadelphia Union defender
• Brek Shea, Orlando City SC midfielder
• AJ DeLaGarza, LA Galaxy defender
• Ethan Finlay, Columbus Crew SC forward
• Luke Mulholland, Real Salt Lake midfielder
• Zach Loyd, FC Dallas defender
• Juan Agudelo, New England Revolution forward
• Fatai Alashe, San Jose Earthquakes midfielder
• Chris Korb, D.C. United defender
• Andrew Wenger, Houston Dynamo forward
“This year's batch of players was extremely competitive,” said Travis Roffler, director of marketing for Continental Tire. “This is our third season, and I think some of these guys have been practicing because they definitely put those Continental tires to work.”
The first episode of “What'Cha Got” aired July 24. A new episode will air weekly, with the championship matchup set to air in December.