AKRON—Goodyear's newest tire offering, the Armor Max Pro Grade MSD, is designed for the durability demanded by construction, cement, dump and coal field trucks.
“Part of the Goodyear Total Solution for fleets, the Goodyear Armor Max Pro Grade MSD builds on the toughness of the popular Goodyear G177, while providing enhanced traction, miles to removal and retread ability,” said Evan Perrow, Goodyear's marketing manager.
The tire is available in sizes 11R22.5, 11R24.5 and 12R22.5—all Load Range H sizes.
According to the tire maker, the Armor Max Pro Grade MSD features the company's DuraSeal Technology allowing the tires to seal ¼-inch nail-hole punctures in repairable areas of its tread. Goodyear claims it is the only truck tire manufacturer to offer the built-in sealant.
The tire also features:
- A premium-quality casing for enhanced retreadability;
- A rugged tread design for better on- and off-road traction;
- A tough tread compound to help resist chipping and chunking;
- A special mixed-service undertread compound for enhanced casing toughness; and
- A cool-running base compound to help provide long tread life and lower rolling resistance.
“Goodyear's Total Solution is designed to help hardworking fleets lower their operating costs,” Perrow said. “We believe the new Goodyear Armor Max Pro Grade MSD will contribute to the achievement of this critical objective in a big way.”