GREENVILLE, S.C.—Michelin North America Inc. is introducing Uniroyal-brand medium truck tires to the U.S. market in an effort to attract intermediate and budget-conscious owners-operators and small fleets.
The tire maker has launched six tread designs for long-haul, regional and heavy-duty applications under its third-tier brand, complementing the premium Michelin and second-tier BFGoodrich-brand commercial lines.
Michelin unveiled Uniroyal truck tires in Canada last April and in Mexico in 2014.
The Uniroyal commercial lineup in the U.S. includes:
• LS24, a SmartWay-verified long-haul all-position tire optimized for the steer axle;
• LT40, a long-haul and regional trailer tire;
• RS20, a SmartWay-verified regional all-position tire optimized for the steer axle;
• RD30, a regional and long-haul drive tire;
• HS50, an on-/off-road all-position tire optimized for the steer axle; and
• HD60, an on-/off-road drive tire.