BETHESDA, Md.—As part of an extensive rebranding initiative, the Auto International Association, a segment of the Auto Care Association, has changed its name to the Import Vehicle Community.
The name change was announced at the association's annual awards luncheon Nov. 4, at the Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo in Las Vegas.
According to a news release, the main objectives of the Import Vehicle Community will be:
• To serve the needs of all ACA members engaged in the import nameplate market;
• To develop and deliver opportunities to increase members' profitability and business prospects;
• To identify and remove barriers to members' business objectives;
• To develop and deliver platforms that increase the relevance and influence of the import nameplate segment;
• To share information, intelligence, opportunity, networks and resources for the segment; and
• To continually increase the business diversity of segment members.