DETROIT—Paul T. Engel of Howard & Howard P.L.L.C. will deliver the keynote address at the Detroit Rubber Group's fall technical meeting.
The meeting will be held Nov. 19 at 11 a.m., at Pasquale's Restaurant, located at 31555 Woodward Ave., Royal Oak, Mich.
Engel's talk is entitled, “Trade Secret vs. Patent—In the Polymer Industry.”
Other speakers, their titles and topics include:
• Timothy Banach, director, rubber technology, SI Group. “Phenolic Resins Used for Tackifying, Reinforcing, Curing & Bonding in Rubber Applications.”
• Aaron Bressler, applications chemist II, Hy Temp ACM Elastomers, Zeon Chemicals, “New Developments in ACM Fluid Resistance Technology.”
• Peter D. Cameron, manager, technical services, Sid Richardson Carbon & Energy Co, “The Influence of Carbon Black in Elastomeric Compounds.”
• David Clark, operations manager—central lab, Freudenberg-NOK Sealing Technologies, “Differences in Commercial Motor Oils and the Effects on Sealing Materials.”
• Mike Nemeth, vice president of sales and marketing, OCSIAL L.L.C., “Strengthening Rubber While Maintaining Flexibility Using OCSIAL Carbon Nanotubes.”
Cost is $75; $25 for original equipment manufacturers.
Proceeds go to the DRG scholarship program for high school graduates.
The latest information is available by clicking here.