Editor's Note: Each week, Rubber & Plastics News will take a look at some of the rubber industry's new products and innovations on www.rubbernews.com. Does your company have a new product or innovation? To be considered for inclusion in this recurring feature, email [email protected]
Struktol GmbH introduced Struktol HT 750, a new processing additive for diamine crosslinking polymers.
AEM, ACM and HNBR can be challenging to work with, Struktol said, as the high additive loadings necessary for processing often compromise some of the rubber's physical properties. Struktol HT 750 was designed to overcome these negative effects, while also achieving excellent processing in both white and black filled compounds.
Diamine crosslinking polymers are common in the automotive applications, the company reported, and need to perform in a very demanding environment. In this setting the compression set is one the most critical physical attributes measured. When processing with silica filler, Struktol said amino-silanes are typically added to improve compression set, but negatively impact tensile strength and elongation at break. Struktol HT 750 interacts with the silica surface and improves dispersion and compression set without sacrificing elongation at break and tensile strength.
Struktol HT 750 is unique in that it allows a compounder to reduce or replace other expensive processing additives, Struktol said, such as amino-silanes, alkyl phosphate and stearic acid in white filled compounds. A head-to-head comparison in HNBR showed that replacing amino-silanes with Struktol HT 750 had a negligible effect on compression set, but a substantial and significant improvement in elongation at break and tensile strength, the company claimed.
For more information, visit Struktol's website.
Keyence Corp. of America released its XM Series, an easily installed next-generation coordinate measuring machine.
The XM Series allows any operator to perform intuitive 3D measurements with high accuracy, Keyence said. Features include:
• Simple Operation: Perform high-precision measurements using an onscreen interactive visual guide and touch probe.
• Installation in Any Location: The XM can be implemented in any manufacturing environment because of its portability and robust design.
• Easy Programming: No previous CMM programming experience is needed to operate the XM. Simply select desired measurement parameters (elements, GD&T) and measure the target to complete programming.
• Sharing Programs and Automatic Data Management: Ensure consistent measurement regardless of operator, environment or other circumstances by sharing programmed work instructions and measurement parameters. All measurement results are automatically recorded and saved.
Additionally, Keyence said operation does not require any foundation or ancillary equipment, and the system's temperature and humidity operating ranges are 50-95° F and 20-80 percent RH respectively.
To learn more, contact [email protected]
Camfil Air Pollution Control rolled out its Quad Pulse Package PX dust collector, which offers high performance in a compact unit designed for pharmaceutical, chemical and other processes that produce hazardous dusts in high concentrations.
The collector has a cleanable filter system that facilitates continuous manufacturing processes, Camfil said, and eliminates frequent costly filter replacements.
Measuring 49 inches wide by 42 inches deep by 87 inches high, Camfil said the space-saving unit can be conveniently positioned on the production floor. It also said the collector is constructed to provide the highest explosion protection in accordance with NFPA standards and can be located indoors with no need for additional explosion safety devices.
The Quad Pulse Package requires a single primary filter cartridge. Additionally, Camfil said the high efficiency primary pleated filter comes in a conductive nano fiber or PTFE media and offers exceptional dust release for extended life, energy savings and reduced change-out schedules.
Additional features include:
• For hazardous dusts requiring full containment to protect workers and prevent cross-contamination, a bag-in/bag-out system is available to ensure safe-change at all stages;
• An integrated fan provides the required suction and is insulated within the unit for quiet operation; and
• Indoor installation capability reduces the need for long duct runs and allows easy access for all maintenance functions.
Pharmaceutical applications for the Quad Pulse Package PX collector include tableting, mixing, blending, granulation, drying, coating, filling and packaging. Non-pharmaceutical uses include a range of chemical and other applications characterized by low airflow requirements for combustible dusts.
For further information, please visit Camfil's website.