NASHVILLE, Tenn.—Terry DeLapa of Alpha Technologies U.S. L.P. will become the first woman to serve as chair of the ACS Rubber Division when she leads the group in 2015.
She is serving as chair-elect this year and will succeed Doug Ruch of ChemRep Inc. as chair next year under the division's automatic system of advancement. She will be succeeded in 2016 by Leo Goss Jr. of Rhein Chemie Corp., who will serve as chair-elect next year.
Jerry McCall of R.D. Abbott Co. was elected secretary of the Rubber Division for 2015 and will start the five-year officer progression and be chair in 2019, the group revealed during its fall meeting in Nashville, Tenn.
Other officers for 2015 include William Stahl of Rainbow Master Mixing L.L.C., who will be treasurer, and Paul Glasgow of Rogitex International Inc., who will serve as assistant treasurer.
Other members of the Steering Committee for next year will be David O'Brien, AirBoss Rubber Compounding, director of bylaws and procedures; Jim Lipinski, Harwick Standard Distribution Corp., directors' representative; John Long, JMLong Rubber Consultants L.L.C., councilor; Mark Petras, ChemRep Inc., alternate councilor; and Edward Miller, executive director.
The directors' representative-elect has yet to be determined.
The division also named area directors for its rubber groups and affiliated associations. They are:
• Blue Ridge—Paul Glasgow, Rogitex International.
• Brazil—Fernando Genova, Parabor Ltd.
• Canada—Phil Magill, Lanxess Corp.
• Chicago—Leonard Thomas, consultant.
• Detroit—James Eddy, Zeon Chemicals L.P.
• Fort Wayne—Brian Barkes, Trostel Ltd.
• India—P.K. Mohamed, Apollo Tyres Ltd.
• Los Angeles—Ron Sparks, Aurora Rubber & Distribution Inc.
• Mexico—Jose Gazano, consultant.
• Michigan—Michael Morrow, MBG Associates L.L.C.
• MidAtlantic—Kimberly Dempsey-Miller, West Pharmaceutical Services Inc.
• New England—Eduardo G. Per-eira, Fulflex Inc.
• Ohio—To be determined.
• Ontario—Kathy Lambrinos, Global Application Development.
• Quebec—Philippe Julien, Chemroy Canada Inc.
• Southern—John Dick, Alpha Technologies U.S. L.P.
• Twin Cities—Edine Heinig, Minnesota Rubber & Plastics.
• Western New York—John Fahy, Alternative Rubber & Plastics.
Those who will serve as committee chairs for 2015 include:
• Education & Publications—Joel Karczewski II, Hexpol.
• Exhibits & Meeting Sites—Ste-phen O'Rourke, HallStar Co.
• Marketing—Anthony Mariniello, ChemSpec Ltd.
• Program Planning—C. Jeffrey Lin, Momentive Performance Materials Inc.
• Membership—Timothy J. Higgins, Hiawatha Rubber Co.