Editor's Note: Each week, Rubber & Plastics News will take a look at some of the rubber industry's new products and innovations on www.rubbernews.com. Does your company have a new product or new innovation? To be considered for inclusion in this recurring feature, email [email protected]
LMI Technologies Inc. has launched the Gocator 4.0 Firmware, which supports the Gocator 3D Smart Sensor product line including displacement, profile and snapshot sensors.
LMI said the latest Gocator 4.0 firmware is a complete redesign of the web browser user interface experience that improves the efficiency of the inspection process.
According to the company, the features include:
• Part edge filtering improves measurement accuracy: built-in capability removes noise around the perimeter and interior of scanned surfaces or parts.
• Greater ability to handle part variations with flexible anchoring: with flexible anchoring, measurement results can be used as anchoring sources for other measurements.
• Surface generation offers flexibility with various setup options: supports a number of methods to create a surface or a 3D point cloud, which provides greater control and flexibility for supporting common industry scanning methods.
• Improvements to SDK simplify software programming: SDK is updated to provide cleaner API along with built-in support for multi-sensor systems.
• Compact protocol delivers faster processing speed: Gocator Ethernet (TCP/IP) protocol reduces overhead and makes data parsing much easier. Reduced network bandwidth and data processing requirements allow applications to run faster on the same hardware, the company claimed.
Gocator 4.0 Firmware is available as a free download. The firmware files, release notes, SDK files and user manual can be downloaded here. Customers can directly download the firmware in the Gocator interface.
To learn more about the latest Gocator 4.0 Firmware, including videos of the new features, click here.