Editor's note: Each week, Rubber & Plastics News will take a look at some of the rubber industry's new products and innovations on www.rubbernews.com. Does your company have a new product or new innovation? To be considered for inclusion in this recurring feature, email [email protected]
Struktol Company of America has launched several additive products suitable for recycled and recycle-content plastics. They include:
• Struktol TR 229: for use in both polycarbonate and PC/acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene blends as well as nylon 6 and 6,6 compounds.
• Struktol TR 219: for use in nylon 6 and 6,6 compounds. Struktol said it also has been found to be effective in polyethylene terephthalate compounds, especially recycled applications or in cases where PET is contaminated with other plastics.
• Struktol RP 11: a lubricant package that provides a combination of viscosity reduction and mold release characteristics for polypropylene-based resins and compounds. Processors using RP 11 will benefit from the versatility provided, allowing greater use of regrind or recycled content without sacrificing certain properties or performance, the company said.
• Struktol RP 17: a combination lubricant and odor neutralizing mask, was originally designed for reducing/eliminating compounding and end-product odors in wood-filled plastic compounds. The product has been modified for use in a variety of polymer resins and compounds that require the multi-functionality of lubrication, mold release and odor reduction.
• Struktol RP 28: a compatibilizer and blending aid beneficial for incorporation of regrind/recycled product for a wide range of polymers. Processors can realize improved physical properties and overall improved processability of compounds requiring some level of recycled content, Struktol said.
• Struktol TR 063A: targeted for nylon 6 and nylon 6,6 compounds and boasts a novel chemistry, which makes it highly compatible with polyamides and is superior in performance to alternative lubricants such as montan ester waxes.
• TR251: a multi-functional additive offering a unique blend of anionic and ionic surfactant with lubricant for use in both polyolefins and engineered plastics for overall flow enhancement. It is also an effective dispersant and wetting agent for pigments and fillers where increased filler content is desired, the company said. Its functionality also benefits recycle and recycle-content compounds. Loading levels as low as 0.5 percent result in significant spiral flow improvement in both virgin and recycled polymers.
For more information, visit www.4struktol.com.