NASHVILLE, Tenn.—Bridgestone Commercial Solutions has rolled out the newest edition to its Ecopia product line: the R268 premium all-position radial for regional and pickup and delivery fleets.
Bridgestone said the Ecopia stands up to high scrub environments while offering fuel efficiency advantages along with high-traction, long wear life and low rolling resistance.
The R268 Ecopia is now available in size 295/75R22.5 in the U.S. and Canada with additional sizes to launch in the coming months.
"Up until now local and regional pick-up and delivery fleets had to choose between a long wearing tire for high-scrub applications or a tire designed for pickup and delivery use," said Bert Jones, manager, product marketing, TBR, Retread and OTR, Bridgestone Commercial Solutions.
Jones said the R268 Ecopia meets both needs and is EPA SmartWay verified and California Air Resources Board compliant.
• Tread design—comes with protective features in the casing to help resist damage, extending tread life;
• Wave channel design—reduces groove bottom strain, combating the initiation and spread of irregular wear;
• Optimized rib distribution—ribs are proportioned for added stiffness, helping to reduce irregular wear throughout the footprint;
• NanoPro-tech compound—limits energy loss for improved rolling resistance and optimum fuel efficiency; and
• High scrub tread compound—enhances resistance to tread scrubbing, increasing tread life.
More information is available on Bridgestone's Ecopia website.