PONTIAC, Mich. (Sept. 20, 2012)—Compounding will be the subject of the Detroit Rubber Group fall meeting, Oct. 18, at the General Motors Powertrain in Pontiac.
Joe Walker, corporate director of materials at Freudenberg-NOK Sealing Technologies, will be the keynote speaker.
The other presentations—held at Building of the GM complex—will be:
* Joshua Kelly, Zeon Chemicals L.P., “New Polyacrylic Elastomer Grades for Turbocharger Intercooler Hose Applications”;
* Stuart MacDonald, Elkem. “Sidastar —The Remarkable Effects of Specialty Silica in Engineering Compounds”;
* Mark Jones, Zeon Chemicals, “New HNBR Polymers with Novel Cure Sites for Critical Automotive Sealing Applications”;
* Labon Wolgamott, Ferris State University, “The Effects on Resilience Using Dithiophosphate Cure Systems with Polybutadiene”;
* Quinn Wierckz, Ferris State, “Organically Functionalized Layered Double Hydroxides as Novel Barrier Additives for Rubbers”; and,
* Brent Newby, Ferris State, “Bungee Cord Design and Simulation for the Field Tests.”