CLEVELAND (Oct. 16, 2007) – Several industry professionals will be honored this week at the ACS Rubber Division Rubber Expo, Oct. 16-18 in Cleveland.
Among those being honored are:
- Joseph P. Kennedy, distinguished professor of Polymer Science and Chemistry at the University of Akron, Charles Goodyear Medal;
- Robert P. Lattimer, Lubrizol Advanced Materials research and development technical fellow, Melvin Mooney Distinguished Technology Award;
- Frank N. Kelley, dean emeritus, College of Polymer Engineering and professor emeritus of polymer science at the University of Akron, George S. Whitby Award for Distinguished Teaching and Research;
- Christopher G. Robertson, senior research scientist at Bridgestone Americas, Sparks-Thomas Award; and
- Richard J. Spontak, alumni distinguished professor of chemical and biomolecular engineering and materials science and engineering at North Carolina State University; Thermoplastic Elastomers Award.