Flashless injection molding, processing aid advancements and lean manufacturing are among technical paper topics scheduled for the upcoming International Rubber Molding Conference in Cleveland.
The event is organized by Rubber & Plastics News and Smithers Scientific Services Inc., and will take place April 1-2 at the Renaissance Cleveland Hotel.
The program, devised by Conference Chairman Thomas A. Dodson, Smithers vice president of consulting services, will include these and other presentations:
* Processing Aid Advancements-New Technologies, Methods and Applications;
* Implementing Immediate Maintenance Using In-mold Impedance Sensors in Automotive Parts Production;
* Cut to the Chase (An Economical and Efficient Molding System);
* 3D Simulation With Volume Elements-A New Tool for the Operation of Injection Molding for Elastomers;
* Practical Applications of Visual Quality Control;
* Thermal Insulation in Rubber Molding;
* Compound Development for Flashless Injection Molding;
* An Overview of Elastomer Molding;
* Update On Specifications from the Rubber Manufacturing Side;
* Lean Manufacturing-Introduction and Experiences; and
* Six Sigma.
To view abstracts of the papers, or to register for the conference, visit www.rubbernews.com and click on the conference logo. More information is available by contacting Cindy Stevens by phone at 330-836-9180 or e-mail [email protected]