KRANJ, Slovenia (May 6)—Goodyear has increased its ownership stake in Slovenia's Sava Tires to 80 percent and secured the right to buy the remaining 20 percent during 2004 and 2005. Goodyear paid $38.5 million recently to local shareholders for a 20-percent stake in Sava, the Kranj-based unit that posted sales of more than $230 million last year. Goodyear has invested more than $90 million in the company since buying into it in 1998. The plant makes more than 6 million car, light and medium truck tires a year with 1,400 employees
Goodyear boosts stake in Slovenia´s Sava Tires
Rubber & Plastics News wants to hear from its readers. If you want to express your opinion on a story or issue, email your letter to Editor Bruce Meyer at [email protected].