HOUSTON-Speakers from throughout the world will highlight the International Institute of Synthetic Rubber Producers' 43rd annual general meeting, May 12-15, 2002, in Naples, Italy.
``An Expertise of Tradition...The Dynamics of Growth'' will be the theme of the meeting of the global organization of SR companies, according to James L. McGraw, IISRP managing director and CEO.
``In addition to featuring Dr. Yuri Glaziev, Deputy on the Duma Committee for Economic & Industrial Policy in Russia, as one of the key speakers, we expect to have a luncheon speech by a member of the Polish government,'' McGraw said. Glaziev will discuss Russia's economic climate.
At the first general session, Maurizio Galimberti, materials manager innovations with Pirelli, will deliver the keynote address. Vincent Calarco, chairman and CEO of Crompton Corp., will talk about the future globalization of the chemical industry the following day.
Other speakers planned are:
* Robert Eller, president of Eller & Associates, speaking on ``The World Without Elastomers.''
* Sachio Hayashi, Zeon Corp. research and development manager, discussing new trends in elastomer end-use applications.
* Wayne Feller, CMAI executive vice president, presenting a paper on synthetic rubber feedstocks and the energy outlook.
* Hidde Smit, Amsterdam University professor, presenting a global economic outlook.
* F.J. Radamacher, scientific director of FAW (Research Institute for Applied Knowledge Processing), completing the speaker's program by giving his vision for the future.
Attendance is by invitation. Contact the IISRP by phone at 713-783-7511.