CARACAS, Venezuela (June 6)—Venezuela's Office of the Public Prosecutor issued a statement saying it has received no formal request to ban Ford Explorers, according to a report from the Associated Press. Several news agencies last week said Samuel Ruh Rios, head of the Venezuelan consumer protection agency INDECU, had made such a request. A spokesman for Ford Motor de Venezuela said the company had no confirmation of this, and that it was frustrated in its efforts to obtain the accident statistics Ruh had. Ford expects to sell more than 4,000 Explorers in Venezuela this year, according to AP.
Venezuela won't ban Ford Explorers
Rubber News wants to hear from its readers. If you want to express your opinion on a story or issue, email your letter to Editor Bruce Meyer at [email protected].