SAO PAULO, Brazil (Dec. 15)—Goodyear has resumed production of aircraft tires at its Sao Paulo plant after a seven-year hiatus to meet increased demand, the company announced Dec. 13. The Akron tire maker manufactured aviation tires at the Brazilian facility from 1943 until 1992, when it suspended production. About 30 percent of the tire output will be for the Brazilian market, while the other 70 percent will be exported to North America, Europe, Asia, Australia and other Latin American countries. Brazilian airplane manufacturer Embraer—Empresa Brasiliera de Aeronautica—the world´s fourth largest airliner producer and a Goodyear customer since 1969, is building a new domestic plant that the tire maker will supply.
Goodyear to resume aircraft tire production in Brazil
Rubber & Plastics News wants to hear from its readers. If you want to express your opinion on a story or issue, email your letter to Editor Bruce Meyer at [email protected]m.