Doug Ruch of ChemRep Inc. will chair the ACS Rubber Division next year, and Terry DeLapa of Alpha Technologies will become the first woman in the association's history to hold that post in 2015, the division disclosed during its fall meeting in Cleveland.
DeLapa will be chair-elect next year. The division's system of advancement automatically will give her the top job the following year.
The other officers in 2014 will be Leo C. Goss Jr., Rhein Chemie Corp., as treasurer; William Stahl, Rainbow Mastermixing L.L.C., assistant treasurer; Paul Glasgow, Stemaco USA Inc., secretary; John M. Long, JM Long Rubber Consultants, councilor; Mark Petras, ChemRep, alternate councilor; David O'Brien, AirBoss Rubber Compounding, director of bylaws and procedures; Ken Kemerer, Silmix Ohio division of Wacker Chemical Corp., director's representative; and Edward L. Miller, executive director.
The division also named area directors for its rubber groups and affiliated associations. They are:
• Blue Ridge—Paul Glasgow, Stemaco USA.
• Brazil—Fernando Genova, Parabor.
• Canada—Phil Magill, Lanxess Corp.
• Chicago—Leonard Thomas, consultant.
• Connecticut—Steve Tranguch, H&R Group U.S. Inc.
• Detroit—James D. Eddy, Zeon Chemicals L.P.
• Energy—William M. Stahl, Rainbow Mastermixing L.L.C.
• Fort Wayne—Brian Barkes, Trostel Ltd.
• India—P.K. Mohamed, Apollo Tyres Ltd.
• Los Angeles—Gary Jeffries, Akrochem Corp.
• Mexico—Cesareo Gonzalez, Gonzalez Cano Y Cia, S.A. de C.V.
• Michigan—Michael R. Morrow, MBG Associates L.L.C.
• MidAtlantic—Kimberly Dempsey-Miller, West Pharmaceutical Services Inc.
• New England—Eduardo G. Pereira, Prysmian Group.
• Ohio—Andrew Tisler, Omnova Solutions Inc.
• Ontario—Ron Williams, Win Adhesive Sales Inc.
• Quebec—Philippe Julien, Chemroy Canada Inc.
• Southern—John Dick, Alpha Technologies Inc.
• Twin Cities—Edine Heining, Minnesota Rubber & Plastics.
• Western New York—James V. Lipinski, Jr. Harwick Standard Distribution Corp.